A textbook of clinical ophthalmology. A practical guide to disorders of the eyes and their management (2nd edition)
Editors: Ronald Pitts Crick FRCS FRCOphth, Peng Tee Khaw PhD MRCP FRCS FRCOphth
This compact book, which surprisingly has nearly 600 pages, is packed with information and advice for the busy general practitioner, medical student, optometrist or ophthalmologist-in-training.
The text is well illustrated with colour plates, black and white photographs and line drawings. We have the advantage in ‘eyes’ that we can often ‘see’ the problem, and the line drawings should encourage eye health care workers to illustrate their own clinical findings.
Thirteen eye specialists have contributed to the text. The section on Common Ophthalmic Problems, where symptoms and signs as they present to the practitioner are considered, is rightly described as a ‘book within a book’. From the perspective of the Journal of Community Eye Health, it is good to find significant reference to infections, infestations and nutritional diseases, recognising the great importance of tropical and subtropical ophthalmology in the appreciation and understanding of eye diseases worldwide.
Available from: World Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd, PO Box 128, Farrer Road, Singapore 912805
UK Office: 57 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9HE.
Price: UK£26 (developing countries) or £35 (elsewhere) + £3.50 (Post & Packing)
News and notices in Comm Eye Health Vol. 11 No. 25 1998 –
- New publication available from the International Resource Centre: The epidemiology of eye disease
- Dr Joseph Taylor OBE FRCS FRCOphth
- The Royal College of Ophthalmologists Diploma in Ophthalmology Examination
- High quality low cost intraocular lenses (IOLs)
- A textbook of clinical ophthalmology. A practical guide to disorders of the eyes and their management (2nd edition)
- Standard List of Medicines, Equipment, Instruments and Optical Supplies
- Indian Supplement to the Journal
- Community eye health courses 1998/9