Book Review. A Textbook of Clinical Ophthalmology
Ronald Pitts Crick, Peng Tee Khaw
This revised third edition of Clinical Ophthalmology is a compact, well-illustrated text of approximately 650 pages. Ronald Pitts Crick and Peng Khaw are supported in this excellent publication by thirteen consultant ophthalmologists and research fellows whose contributions enhance the broad appeal and relevance of the text to worldwide ophthalmic problems. This third edition has included recent research and practice, successfully realising its stated aim in the sub-title – A Practical Guide to the Disorders of the Eyes and Their Management. There are 357 illustrations throughout the text; with colour and black-white photographs, and superb line-drawings where appropriate.
Readers of the Journal of Community Eye Health will be encouraged that recognition is given to the great ophthalmic needs in developing countries, including a chapter by Ian Murdoch on Infections and Infestations of the Eye and Nutritional Deficiencies.
D D Murray McGavin
News and notices in Comm Eye Health Vol. 16 No. 47 2003 –
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists: examination calendar 2003/2004 (UK & overseas)
- Book Review. A Textbook of Clinical Ophthalmology
- Three Companion Books at 20% Discount
- A warm welcome to Victoria and many thanks to Murray
- The Epidemiology of Eye Disease, Second Edition
- Management priorities in eye care delivery in Africa
- Seventh General Assembly of IAPB – NEW DATES
- World Sight Day: 9 October 2003
- Sri Lanka Eye Foundation: Booklets in English, Sinhala & Tamil
- Authors’ abstracts