Courses at Aravind Eye Hospital
MAINTENANCE OF OPHTHALMIC SURGICAL INSTRUMENTS AND OTHER EQUIPMENT
Lions Aravind Institute of Community Ophthalmology, Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai 625020, India, offers six week courses in the maintenance of ophthalmic surgical instruments and other equipment. There is a trainee-trainer ratio of 1:1. Trainees are also introduced to the principles of maintenance management.
Four courses are run each year beginning on:
1st February : 1st May : 1st August : 1st November
These courses are also open to technicians from organisations engaged in sales and
service of ophthalmic instruments.
Course Fees: US $325 for essential tool kit
US $75 for shared accommodation
Trainees may have meals in the doctors’ facilities on payment.
For information please contact:
Professor V Srinivasan MA MS (USA)
Consultant, Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai 625020, India
Tel: 0091 (0) 452 532 653, Ext. 240
Fax: 0091 (0) 452 530 984
News and notices in Comm Eye Health Vol. 15 No. 43 2002 –
- International Council of Ophthalmology assessments for Ophthalmologists
- We are moving!
- Helping children who are blind: family and community support for children with vision problems
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists: notice to all candidates
- Professor Gordon Johnson’s ‘retirement’
- Courses at Aravind Eye Hospital