Foundation Dark & Light (Founded 1982)
The Foundation gives support to institutions or organisations (not to individuals) that are active in the field of the blind, amongst those with low vision or blind people with multiple handicaps.
The Christian faith is the underlying basis of our mission statement. As Christians we believe that we must strive for justice for our fellow creatures and assist all those who are in need, thus expressing God’s love. Every human being should do his utmost to fulfil the mission God has given to mankind, to love God and to love your neighbour as you love yourself.
Dark & Light therefore aims to support projects that:
- Create conditions offering more integrated education to children with visual impairment
- Offer community based rehabilitation or vocational training to visually impaired adults
- Create conditions for improved medical treatment of eye diseases thus combating blindness
- Run programmes for early intervention
- Support the prevention of blindness
- G Serve those with low vision or blind people with multiple handicaps.
We use the following criteria to assess applications for financial assistance:
A written application for financial support next year (2001) should be submitted preferably before 1st August this year (2000). It should contain at least the following information:
- Organisational background
- A description of the project
- Aims and sub-aims of the project
- A summary of the planned activities
- Description of the target group
- Budget in both local currency and in US$
- Audit report (if available)
On receipt of your request:
1. You will receive a confirmation of receipt.
2. We might ask you to supply additional information.
3. You will receive a reply in which the motivation of our decision is specified.
If we decide to provide support to your project we expect you to report on your activities regularly. Details of mutual obligations and commitments will be stated in a project contract in which we will specify (1) our commitment to pay for certain activities and (2) your obligation to carry out and report on agreed activities.
Applications should be sent to our office: Foundation Dark & Light, PO Box 672, 3900 AR Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Telephone: +31-318-561501, Fax:+31-318-561577
If you write a short letter to our office address to introduce yourselves we will send you our letter of introduction and a questionnaire. These should be helpful in making an application that provides us with sufficient and relevant information.
G Th ten Hove, Director
Foundation Dark & Light
News and notices in Comm Eye Health Vol. 13 No. 33 2000 –
- Community eye health courses
- Johnson & Johnson and IRC/ICEH: A New Partnership to Strengthen Community Eye Health Education
- Indian Supplement to the Journal
- IAPB News
- Foundation Dark & Light (Founded 1982)
- A Manual of Refraction for Eye Health Workers 2000/2001
- Community eye health workshops overseas
- New Directory of Teaching and Information Resources for Blindness prevention and Rehabilitation
- The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Sir John Wilson