High quality low cost intraocular lenses (IOLs)
High quality, low cost IOLs are available from the following manufacturers:
Single piece, PMMA posterior chamber IOLs manufactured in compliance with
EN46002 standards. EN46002 certification pending for Kathmandu Fred Hollows IOL Laboratory following recent audit and recommendation by SGS Australia.
Available in 17 to 25 dioptre range in 0.5 dioptre increments. A Constant of 118.3.
Eritrea: The Fred Hollows IOL Laboratory,
PO Box 1078, Asmara, Eritrea.
Fax: 291 1 122532
Nepal: The Fred Hollows IOL Laboratory, Tilganga Eye Centre, PO Box 561, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Fax: 977 1 474937;
Australia: The Fred Hollows Foundation,
Locked Bag 100, Rosebery
NSW, 2018 Australia.
Fax: 61 2 9669 5188.
All PMMA three piece posterior chamber (PC) and single piece posterior as well as anterior chamber (AC) IOLs are manufactured in compliance with international quality standards. Facility is ISO 9001 certified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc., USA.
Available in 5 to 30 dioptre range. Special lenses available on request inlcude scleral fixation, low power and custom designed types.
News and notices in Comm Eye Health Vol. 11 No. 25 1998 –
- Standard List of Medicines, Equipment, Instruments and Optical Supplies
- Indian Supplement to the Journal
- Community eye health courses 1998/9
- New publication available from the International Resource Centre: The epidemiology of eye disease
- Dr Joseph Taylor OBE FRCS FRCOphth
- The Royal College of Ophthalmologists Diploma in Ophthalmology Examination
- High quality low cost intraocular lenses (IOLs)
- A textbook of clinical ophthalmology. A practical guide to disorders of the eyes and their management (2nd edition)