Management priorities in eye care delivery in Africa
A course offered jointly by Kilimanjaro Centre for Community Ophthalmology/Tumaini University (KCCO) and the Lions Aravind Institute of Community Ophthalmology (LAICO) in collaboration with VISION 2020.
8th -13th December 2003 Moshi, Tanzania
Heads and key decision makers of national prevention of blindness programmes (MoH) and directors of NGO supported eye care delivery service programmes.
To provide an overview and appreciation of management practices that are imperative for improved resource utilization and more efficient delivery of eye care services.
The course will be held in Moshi, Tanzania.The fee for participating in the programme is $US 200. The fee will cover transport to and from Kilimanjaro International Airport, accommodation, all meals and tea breaks during the course, lecture notes, and other course materials. Travel expenses (except between Moshi and Kilimanjaro Airport) are the responsibility of the participants.This course is a VISION 2020 project, implemented by ICEH at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine on behalf of IAPB, and funded by CBM/SSI and ALCON.
This course is open to all countries on the African continent. Admission is limited to about 15 participants and will be made on a first come basis, subject to meeting the above criteria. The application should be sent to the faculty coordinator (Dr Susan Lewallen) by October 1, 2003.Notification of acceptance will occur by October 20, 2003.
News and notices in Comm Eye Health Vol. 16 No. 47 2003 –
- The Epidemiology of Eye Disease, Second Edition
- Management priorities in eye care delivery in Africa
- Seventh General Assembly of IAPB – NEW DATES
- World Sight Day: 9 October 2003
- Sri Lanka Eye Foundation: Booklets in English, Sinhala & Tamil
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists: examination calendar 2003/2004 (UK & overseas)
- Book Review. A Textbook of Clinical Ophthalmology
- Three Companion Books at 20% Discount
- A warm welcome to Victoria and many thanks to Murray
- Authors’ abstracts