New publication available from the International Resource Centre: The epidemiology of eye disease
Editors: GJ Johnson, R Weale, DC Minassian
This book addresses the epidemiology of the main blinding diseases of developing countries as well as the common ophthalmic conditions in the industrialised world. It provides a one-stop source of relevant information derived from major epidemiological studies on prevalence, risk factors and distribution of eye disease for public health officials, health planners and ophthalmologists responsible for developing programmes aimed at the prevention of blindness.
Special discounts for developing countries (25%) and Journal readers in Western countries (12%). Details: Paperback. ISBN: 0-412-84500-8. 464pp, 57 line illus, 4 halftone illus, 24 colour illus. Publisher: Chapman & Hall (UK)
Copies Available from:
International Resource Centre, ICEH, 11-43 Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, UK; Fax: 44 171 250 3207; e-mail: EYERESOURCE@UCL.AC.UK
Price: UK£34.00/US$62.00 in developing countries, UK£39.50/US$72.00 to readers elsewhere (Normal price: UK£45.00/US$82.00). Post & Packing: Please add £2.50/$5.00 (surface) or £5/$9 (airmail).
Ordering information: Please make international cheques/orders payable to University College London. Only cheques drawn on UK£ or US$ banks can be accepted.
News and notices in Comm Eye Health Vol. 11 No. 25 1998 –
- High quality low cost intraocular lenses (IOLs)
- A textbook of clinical ophthalmology. A practical guide to disorders of the eyes and their management (2nd edition)
- Standard List of Medicines, Equipment, Instruments and Optical Supplies
- Indian Supplement to the Journal
- Community eye health courses 1998/9
- New publication available from the International Resource Centre: The epidemiology of eye disease
- Dr Joseph Taylor OBE FRCS FRCOphth
- The Royal College of Ophthalmologists Diploma in Ophthalmology Examination