Standard List of Medicines, Equipment, Instruments and Optical Supplies
The Task Force of the Partnership Committee (a group of international non-governmental organisations concerned with prevention of blindness) has produced a Standard List of Medicines, Equipment, Instruments and Optical Supplies appropriate for the delivery of eye care services in developing countries.
This new list, which will be updated annually, includes sections on eye medicines, examination equipment, ophthalmic surgical instruments, eye drop production equipment, teaching materials, spectacles and low vision aids. A list of suppliers is also included.
Cost: FREE to developing countries / Elsewhere: £5.00
Write to: IRC/ICEH, Institute of Ophthalmology, 11-43 Bath Street, London, EC1V 9EL.
Tel : 44-171- 608-6910 Fax: 44-171- 250-3207 e-mail: EYERESOURCE@UCL.AC.UK
News and notices in Comm Eye Health Vol. 11 No. 25 1998 –
- New publication available from the International Resource Centre: The epidemiology of eye disease
- Dr Joseph Taylor OBE FRCS FRCOphth
- The Royal College of Ophthalmologists Diploma in Ophthalmology Examination
- High quality low cost intraocular lenses (IOLs)
- A textbook of clinical ophthalmology. A practical guide to disorders of the eyes and their management (2nd edition)
- Standard List of Medicines, Equipment, Instruments and Optical Supplies
- Indian Supplement to the Journal
- Community eye health courses 1998/9