Training Courses in Planning and Management of CBR Programmes
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
12-24 April 1999
Once each year the CBR Programme, CCBRT, in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania organises a two-week workshop and training session for planners and managers of CBR. These CBR training sessions offer a practical and theoretical background for planning and management of comprehensive, cross-disability CBR programmes. This approach makes use of all the available human, material and infrastructure resources. The programme does not accept ‘recipes’ or ‘formulae’ for CBR, but requires creative managers with knowledge and vision concerning the real needs of ‘disability’ and of ‘rehabilitation’in their own country or region.
These training sessions seek to promote this specific approach to CBR, which has very successfully been developed in several areas, and encourage discussion on those key issues that may determine the future of CBR services in the 21st century.
For more information: P. O. Box 23 310, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, Africa. Tel (++255) 811-604301 Fax (++225) 811-604302 or (++255) 51-760266 E-mail: VANNESTE@TWIGA.COM
News and notices in Comm Eye Health Vol. 11 No. 28 1998 –
- Abstract. Risk factors for noncompliance with glaucoma follow-up visits in a residents’ eye clinic
- Training Courses in Planning and Management of CBR Programmes
- Trachoma CD-Rom
- Indian Supplement to the Journal
- Handbooks from the Community Eye Health Teaching Slides/Text Series
- High quality low cost intraocular lenses (IOLs)
- Community Eye Health Courses 1999/2000
- International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness