Eye surgery in hot climates
This book is a practical guide to eye surgery in rural areas of resource poor countries, where there is no access to modern technology and expensive treatment. In the opening chapter some of the basic problems in trying to provide surgical services are discussed. The rest of the book is about surgical principles and techniques.
Authors: John Sandford-Smith
Publisher: F A Thorpe.
Published: 2004. 3rd edition.
View resource: PDF (3.9Mb)
View resource in chapters:
- Introduction PDF (80Kb)
- Surgery and the eye PDF (825Kb)
- Operating theatre procedures and equipment PDF (995Kb)
- Anaesthesia of the eye and preparing the patient for surgery PDF (475Kb)
- Cataract surgery PDF (4.8Mb)
- Glaucoma PDF (1.1Mb)
- Surgery of the eyelids PDF (1.2Mb)
- Surgery of the conjunctiva and cornea PDF (815Kb)
- Surgery of the lacrimal drainage system PDF (1.6Mb)
- Evisceration, enucleation and exenteration PDF (270Kb)
- Trauma PDF (320Kb)
- Index PDF (40Kb)
- Appendix PDF (50Kb)
- Colour plates PDF (405Kb)