The role of optometry in VISION 2020
Preventable blindness is one of our most tragic and wasteful global problems. Optometry is an essential part of the team that will eliminate this tragedy, by understanding global eyecare needs and delivering effective and sustainable vision care to people in need, thereby ensuring their fundamental right to sight.
Articles in this issue –
- The role of optometry in VISION 2020
- Case finding for refractive errors: assessment of refractive error and visual impairment in children
- Case finding in the clinic: refractive errors
- Case finding in the community: experience of Jatiya Andha Kallyan Somiti in Comilla, Bangladesh
- Technology for eye care: training in the care of equipment and instruments
- Management and planning for primary eye care of the elderly: the need to create public awareness of age-related cataract in Pakistan
News and notices –
- Helping children who are blind: family and community support for children with vision problems
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists: notice to all candidates
- Professor Gordon Johnson’s ‘retirement’
- Courses at Aravind Eye Hospital
- International Council of Ophthalmology assessments for Ophthalmologists
- We are moving!