COVID-19 and Ophthalmology in African Eye Units: conference recordings now available
Over 270 eye health professionals took part in the online COVID-19 and Ophthalmology in African Eye Units conference hosted by the International Centre for Eye Health, The Royal College of Ophthalmologists and College of Ophthalmology of Eastern, Central and Southern Africa on 9 April 2020. The conference was organised through the VISION 2020 LINKS Programme.
Watch a video of the conference (1 hour 30 minutes)
Listen to the audio recording (1 hour 27 minutes)
View the slides and listen to the speakers using the links below:
- COVID-19: Changing Ophthalmic Practice in African Eye Units (Victor Hu): presentation and audio recording (6 minutes)
- Preventing transmission of COVID-19 in the eye unit (Elanor Watts): presentation and audio recording (6 minutes)
- COVID-19: Adaptation and Changes at Guiness Eye Centre, Lagos, Nigeria (Adeola Onakoya): presentation and audio recording (6 minutes)
The Community Eye Health Journal has already published an article about the pandemic, called ‘How to protect yourself and your patients from COVID-19 in eye care’.
Other resources shared during the conference included:
- The Community Eye Health Journal app. Available on Google Play, in the App Store, on any device at https://m.cehjournal.org
- International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness: COVID-19 resources
- World Health Organization: COVID-19 online training courses
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine COVID-19 online course: Tackling the Novel Coronavirus.
- How to make a slit lamp breath shield (YouTube): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXm624pBDUM and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uui46zW3fc
- RCOphth Coronavirus Update
- Free massive open online courses in eye health: Diabetic eye diseases (active at present), Eliminating Trachoma (active at present), and Ophthalmic epidemiology