Planning for VISION 2020 at the district level
This practical manual aims to assist eye health providers and programme managers to plan and implement VISION 2020 activities at the district level so reducing the prevalence of eye diseases and improving the vision of the population.
The manual sets out a generic model for planning and implementing VISION 2020 at the district level. This is followed by three case studies that have been selected to represent the needs and programmes in three different continental locations. The manual concludes with a chapter of exercises to help apply the principles of district level planning to individual situations. This manual is also available to download in Portuguese (scroll down page).
Authors: Graham Dyer
Publisher: International Centre for Eye Health, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
View resource: Planning for VISION 2020 at the district level (PDF 1.9Mb)
View resource in parts:
- Introduction (PDF 165Kb)
- Principles of District Planning (PDF 275Kb)
- Case Study 1 – KITWE, ZAMBIA (PDF 640Kb)
- Case Study 2 – MUDHOLE, ANDHRA PRADESH, INDIA (PDF 520Kb)
- Case Study 3 – YARUQUÍ, ECUADOR (PDF 535Kb)
- Summary – Designing a District Programme for VISION 2020 (PDF 125Kb)
- Appendices (PDF 185Kb)
- Useful resources and references (PDF 165Kb)