News and notices. Comm Eye Health Vol. 14 No. 39 2001. September 01, 2001
A laboratory manual and guide to management of microbial keratitis
A very useful and much-needed guide with colour photographs. The 25-page manual has the following sections:
- Corneal ulcer patient proforma
- Corneal scrape
- Gram Stain
- Using the microscope
- Identifying bacteria and fungi
- Lactophenol cotton-blue mount
- Culture techniques
- Schematic guide to identification of common causative organisms
- Fungal culture/Filamentuous fungi
- Acanthamoeba sp.
- Treatment recommendations
Update 24 June 2013: View this resource online.