Professor Allen Foster OBE FRCS FRCOphth
Allen Foster has been appointed Professor of International Eye Health at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
Professor Foster is Director, International Centre of Eye Health (ICEH), now situated at the LSHTM.
For many years, Allen Foster has been Medical Director, CBM International, following ten years of service in Tanzania. He is Senior Vice-President of the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness.
ICEH staff and serving committee members of the Journal of Community Eye Health are delighted to report this academic recognition of Allen Foster’s many contributions to the prevention of world blindness and Vision 2020: The Right to Sight.
News and notices in Comm Eye Health Vol. 16 No. 45 2003 –
- Surgical Eye Expeditions International
- New appointment
- LSHTM Courses
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists: Examination Calendar 2003 (UK and Overseas)
- Community Ophthalmology Information Programme & Trachoma Information Service for Eastern Africa
- VISION 2020 PHOTOGRAPHIC COMPETITION
- SOURCE International Information Support Centre